View Single Post
Old March 16th, 2009
Apprentice

neelie is flying high

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remoc View Post
Hi Neelie and congrats on sorting this out.

Security is something we all strive for and in my opinion, you can't have to much of.
Having more than ONE Firewall will cause them to conflict with each other and will actually be less secure. As long as you have one Good Firewall, all of the other security measures you take will only Help keep you relatively safe. Having several different security programs or utilities is most important as each program will catch things that the other might miss.

Be sure to have a Good Firewall and Anti-Virus program in addition to what ever other security programs you choose.
Hope this Helps.
Hi Remoc,
Thanks again for all the help. I've been told that Norton 360 is an Anti Virus and Malwarebytes is an Anti Malware, Norton has a Firewall but not sure about the other one, so seems I could probably keep both of them? I still have downloaded Limewire again yet, want to make sure my computer is clean before I do, I don't want to be guilty of spreading problems because of my ignorance! Not sure if I should also download CC Cleaner and Spybot, maybe I'll be overdoing it a bit? .....Neelie