View Single Post
Old March 22nd, 2009
Novicius

EricJ2190 is flying high
Unhappy FrostWire on a Private Network

I am trying to set up FrostWire as part of a private LAN Gnutella network. Right now, I have a gtk-gnutella ultrapeer, and I want FrostWire to connect to it, but it refuses. I know the ultrapeer is working because Phex connects fine. However, with FrostWire (and LimeWire), when I add the peer, fail to connect.

When I connect, the info briefly appears in the Connections tab, but quickly goes away. Under the Console tab, with com.limegroup.gnutella.* set to ALL, I get the following when I try to connect:
Code:
70647  DEBUG [NIODispatcher] gnutella.ConnectionManagerImpl.shutdown - Shutting down IncomingGNetobserver for: CONNECTION: host=[IP Address] port=9999
70648  DEBUG [NIODispatcher] gnutella.QueryUnicaster.purgeQuery - QueryUnicaster.purgeQuery(RH): entered.
I wasn't able to find any bogons or hostiles lists used by FrostWire that I think may be blocking the connection. If any exist, please tell me what directory I should look under.

Please let me know if you have any ideas about this. It is really starting to become quite a pain.