View Single Post
Old March 27th, 2009
Airhead

birdy has a distinguished reputationbirdy has a distinguished reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelie View Post
I have eventually downloaded Limewire again and can't wait to get started, I have only downloaded one music file, and per a post I read on the forum, I tried to scan it for potential viruses etc before opening it. I thought all I had to do was right click on the file and run a scan but I didn't get that option, could someone let me know where I'm going wrong please. After getting it wrong before I'm not confident to open the file
Hi neelie,

Whereabouts are you right clicking on the file that you want to scan? If you're right clicking on the file within LW's library then you won't find the option to scan - you need to find the file outside of LW

Which version of LW are you using? If you're using LW 4: Go to LW's library, click on Saved Files & then click Explore... your saved folder will open. Right click on the file that you want to scan & you should see the option to scan with one or more security programs.

If you're using LW 5, find the file outside of LW by using 'locate on disk': Using LimeWire 5 to find your files on your computer using 'Locate File on Disk' tool

When you right click on the file outside of LW, you should see options similar to the screenshot below
Click on thumbnail to enlarge the image
Warning: Trojans And Spyware.-scan-file.jpg