View Single Post
Old March 27th, 2009
Airhead

birdy has a distinguished reputationbirdy has a distinguished reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdog77 View Post
It wasn't any problem for me. I just went to the limewire site, and downloaded the older/better version (4.18). I extracted the files, and just installed over my "improved " version.

It was easy. I am surprised to hear someone couldn't get the old version back, using the same method.

Now that poses a new question or two: If I upgrade to Pro version (which I might do one day), do I get a pro 4.18 or would I be forced to accept this new version?

Another question: Is there any way to eliminate the thing asking me to upgrade to the the new version? I tried it, didn't like it, and I'm back.
At the moment, people who buy Pro can still download a 4.18.8 Pro from their download page. I wouldn't have a clue how long LW are going to offer 4.18.8 Pro as an alternative to LW 5. So far the response to LW 5 hasn't been too good & so hopefully LW would keep 4.18.8 as a Pro option for a while yet. But I don't work for LW & so I can't tell you for sure.
You could try asking at this other forum: LimeWire Forums

Sorry, the update nag's something that you just have to live with if you want to use LW 4

No matter what version you use - if there's a newer one available then you'll see an update nag.
This goes for Pro users as well.