View Single Post
Old March 28th, 2009
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

A 256 kbps (kilobits) speed plan which I was on for a while, is in theory 32 KB/s (kiloBytes). However in practice you will lose 10-25% of that speed from the ISP due to various reasons ... line speed loss (distance away from ISP), packet losses due to router, etc.

If you wish a faster speed, upgrade your ISP plan. I did .. from ADSL1 256 up to their maximum plan ADSL2. My speed examples can be seen here http://www.gnutellaforums.com/limewi...tml#post330034. Limits on my speed are due to my router (I don't wish to buy another just for a small increase in speed), and of course losses as suggested in first paragraph.

Using FrostWire or LimeWire is not same as downloading using your Browser. No download managers will help. There are some around that claim to be but after being checked by the LW devs proved to be fake, & some users reported them having the opposite effect than advertised. lol Getting faster downloads can be achieved by sharing lots, uploading, searching intelligently & skillfully to find hosts. Speeds are dictated by the hosts you download from in most cases, unless there is some other interference such as firewalls, isp shaping, etc.

Last edited by Lord of the Rings; March 28th, 2009 at 06:37 AM.