View Single Post
Old March 31st, 2009
Novicius

munchichic is flying high
Angry Limewire changed my Windows Vista color settings

Hi. I just downloaded LimeWire 5.1.2 on Windows Vista Home Premium. During the installation a window popped up alerting me that my Windows color settings were changed. I had a completely custom color palette for every Windows appearance option. Installing LimeWire actually changed that. For example, my custom background color was blue, now it's white. I have gone into my Windows appearance settings but everything there is set exactly how I had it. LimeWire has actually changed my settings without altering my settings options to reflect what was done. I really hate that LimeWire did this. Especially since I can't change it back to how I had my Windows settings originally. Even if I change the setup, save it and go back and bring it to the way I set it up initially my changes will not take effect. Why did this happen and how can I get my appearance settings back to how I set them?! I never authorized LimeWire to change the settings in the first place and I'm quite mad that it took control and won't even let me go back to my prior settings. This is MY computer and I have every right to customize it as I want; not vice versa. Please help! In all honesty I'd rather get rid of LimeWire than keep the appearance settings it changed.