View Single Post
Old April 2nd, 2009
Apprentice

nnicc is flying high
Confused did i get scammed?

sorry if this has been covered anywhere,but i can't find it after a lot of reading
on 2/27/09 i purchased limewire pro 5 0 11
i have clickbank numbers and credit card info to offer as proof
worked fine
last night,4/1/09 i got an email from customer@limewirepro.com
in the hotmail acct i believe i used to do the transaction with limewire
it offered a free upgrade to limewire pro6.0,with all kinds of upgrade blahblah
it used my real name,and the acct,so i assumed it was real
it gave a link for the download

DO NOT CLICK THIS COPY/PASTE LINK UNLESS YOU'RE SOME KINDA TECH GUY THAT KNOWS WHAT HE'S DOING BECAUSE I'M NOT SURE WHAT IT IS!!!!!!!

Code:
Sleepless edit: wrapped in code text for the people who read "Don't click here" as some kind of challenge.

hxxp://www.rmtsupport.com/download/upgrade.php?=LimewirePro6
i dl'd it and installed
it said removing previous files and all that stuff
when i opened it i came up as limewire 4.1.6,or something like that,the look was older and before i could even try it out my computer totally froze up
i could move the mouse cursor but couldn't do anything else. kinda dead i'd call it
i rebooted manually a couple of times and it was all the same thing
i'm at the desktop,the stuff bottom right that always opens opens(avg anti virus,spamfighter,spybot tea timer spyware monitor,the volume controll i can never seem to get rid of.)
at that point it goes frozen
mouse cursor moves but doesn't work,hot keys on board,mail,and webhome which opens ie 8 don't function either
i realize that if i click avg antivrius before all the loading is finished i can get it running,which i do
full system scan
nothing but some tracking cookies
no virus found
this morning i tried again with the anti virus but even that freezes before finishing
i rebooted into safe mode and got to system restore,knocked it back to two days ago and it,the computer seems to work fine
i did another avg system scan.nothing
i attempted,with trepidation,to open limewire
wont start,says missing or something
i looked in program files and the limewire folder is still there,but the subfolders seem to be empty
i might have the installer somewhere,probably in my documents,as i save all that kinda stuff,but i can;t seem to find it
i've been all over the limewire site but i can't even seem to find a way to contact anyone there because when i try to get tech support it just redirects me to the download page

thus,my first post
system info
six week old computer
amd 2.7gig cpu
4 gig crucial high performance memory
300 gig hd,60 in c drive,the rest in j.storage
ie 8
gigabyte mobo
not sure what version of java but it must be the latest as i dl'd an auto upgrade about a week ago
i will be coming back here to check for help on a regular basis,but even if you don't have advise,at least someone give me a way to contact someone

thanks

Last edited by Sleepless; April 2nd, 2009 at 07:41 PM.