View Single Post
Old April 12th, 2009
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

Likewise, I share a lot of never released material, mostly concert & jams/rehearsal sessions, etc. Likewise PF.

I'm still sharing over 100 AIFF files ... slowly working the number down converting to FLAC so it's easier for them to download at 50-65% of the size of wav/aif uncompressed file size. I probably share over 500 FLAC. Some Apple Lossless. Rest are mp3/m4a. Sometimes I give both alternatives, FLAC & mp3, depending on what the user would prefer.

Similar applies to videos. I have some videos never officially released. I convert to mpeg 4 H.264 (multipass), 256 AAC. I maintain the original viewing dimensions such as PAL 720 x 576.
There seems to be too many poor quality MPeg 1 & MPeg 2 videos out there, small resolution of 320x240 or such. MPeg 4 H.264 is the best out there at present, MPeg 1 is obsolete & MPeg 2 is old now & nowhere near as good as MPeg 4 H.264 which compresses better without the loss in quality.