View Single Post
Old April 13th, 2009
Novicius

lostoam311 is flying high
Default Not connecting to Gnutella Network....

I am running Windows XP with a Bellsouth DSL connection connected via an ethernet wire in the back of my computer... Firewall is OFF... I have even UNINSTALLED AVG Free Edition and Bearshare still won't work... I am getting the following message when I open Bearshare 5.2.5.1

"You have not been able to successfully connect to the gnutella network. This indicates there is a problem. Would you like to see more information that might help you fix this?"

I clicked on Yes and it brought me to the Bearshare Help Website... It told me to turn off my firewall, but then it was talking about the Ports which I have NO Idea how to change or adjust...

Then the message goes on to say something about AOL which I Do Not use...

I read the guys post just before me, but I don't think it has to do with my problem... I went into my firewall, like I said, and Turned it off, then there was something under "Exceptions" in my computers network connections user panel and Bearshare is check marked to be allowed to access the internet.... I've shut down my computer, uninstalled bearshare, reinstalled it and I'm still getting the Same Message... Is it something about the version of Bearshare that I'm running??? I prefer the older versions because I haven't heard very good things about the new version... I don't like a lot of spam or advertisements...

Any help is Much appreciated!

Thanks,
Jon