View Single Post
Old April 15th, 2009
Airhead

birdy has a distinguished reputationbirdy has a distinguished reputation

Hi Joey,

Before you changed your settings within LW's options - had you changed the locations of your saved & shared folders?
By default, 4.16.6 has the saved folder location as C:\Documents and Settings\your name\My Documents\LimeWire\Saved.

And the shared folder is C:\Documents and Settings\your name\My Documents\LimeWire\Shared.

Providing that your files are all there within C:\Documents and Settings\your name\My Documents\LimeWire\Saved, you can open that saved folder by going to LW's library, clicking on Saved Files & then clicking Explore. Once your saved folder's open, you can also open LW's shared folder by doing the same thing (even if it's empty). Now just move files that you want to share from your saved folder into your shared folder.

Or you can create a whole new folder that you want to use for sharing. Name it whatever you like - eg limewire shared.

Add files from your Saved folder to the new shared folder. Then add the new folder for sharing by going tools > options > sharing > add > navigate to the new folder > select > apply > ok.