View Single Post
Old April 15th, 2009
Novicius

patriciasmb1 is flying high
Confused Bear share can't connect

Hi I am new and hope I am doing this right. I am using windows XP and has a router that goes to another computer in the home . (both are in the home) I can't connect from either computer. I have been using Bear share..older verision 5.2.5 lite for a few years now. One day my anti virus software cleaned and deleted bear share, for two weeks now I have reinstalled and reinstalled it and I still can't connect. The bear share page comes up but to search I can't a connection. the red light blinks, sometime the yellow will come on then go off. I keep getting the message below.

"You have not been able to successfully connect to the gnutella network. This indicates there is a problem. Would you like to see more information that might help you fix this?"

It takes me to a page put none of the information tell me how to get connected. My fire wall has accepted bear share, I can download the new version but do not like it, I hate it. I want the old one back. I been reading some of the post answers and I downloaded one of the suggestions and it still don't connect

Then the message goes on to say something about AOL which I Do Not use...

I went into my firewall, and Turned it off, then there was something under "Exceptions" in my computers network connections user panel and Bearshare is check marked to be allowed to access the internet...

If anyone can help me please
Patricia