Thread: Bearshare 5.25
View Single Post
Old May 25th, 2009
Riding a Pale Horse and Wielding THE Sword of the Forum

Peerless is a jewel in the rough

usually I leave such research to the person who wants an answer, but in this case because of a post in another thread my interest was piqued..

it would seem that the file tcpip.sys has to do with the number of simultaneous connections that can be had...in SP2 for xp this was limited to help prevent the spread of worms...I'm guessing BC is using a modified version of this file to allow it to more effectively do its 'business'...the thing is, if it is doing so in a way that prevents other p2p apps from being used at the same type then its bogus...

there is a patch floating around that supposedly deals with this issue, but I've never tried it...I dunno if any tweaks I've done to my system have affected it or not, but I haven't had any issues with p2p since SP2 was released, and I'm currently using SP3...

still, my comments re: use of certain p2p protocols at the same time is valid...when one app uses so many resources then its best to just use that one app alone...

So Long and Thanks for All the Files

Beware of the big 3 insurance companies in Texas! Read your policies carefully (maybe you'll need a lawyer) Allstate, Farmers & State Farm are overextended and their 'coverage' is worthless...a true waste of your money Read This