View Single Post
Old June 6th, 2009
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

k .. just a pedantic situation about specifics & terms. It was an education to me because I did not know there was a difference, only that FLAC had 'some' tag limitations. Thus I referred to them as ID3 tags when they should have been referred to differently. Thank you for educating me about the difference with FLAC & that some devices or/& software is highly sensitive to FLAC comments or ID3 tags.

About time such software updated to the 'real' flac of today huh!? Sounds like they are way behind in definitions of flac; probably working with older flac library definitions. As I hinted earlier, not such great programming on 'their' part. BTW I didn't see Foobar2000 mentioned at FLAC site.

Back on topic; Direct Connect was the next best p2p for me. Unfortunately it seems all such development for the Mac OSX platform ceased several years ago. Even on OSX 10.3 it didn't function that well, & didn't work in 10.4 on my older G4. But it was great because of course, there were both private & public hubs, similar to torrents in that respect. Also the DC programs did not carry their shares on their shoulders like some gnutella programs so could share literally 100,000+ files. I used to share from an external drive. The only p2p program that has truely succeeded with that on a (my) mac.
I ended up using DC++ & off-shoot variations on Virtual PC running windows to overcome the OSX issues.

Last edited by Lord of the Rings; June 6th, 2009 at 12:46 PM.