View Single Post
Old April 22nd, 2002
Novicius

WJLELECTRIC is flying high
Question Freezups On My Imac

As a first timer attemptimg to use Limewire, I read the F.A.Q. section but nothing seems to resemble what I am experiencing. I have an iMac 450MHZ, 256MB Ram, and a 20 Gig hard drive. The last few times I downloaded the 2.3 version it seemed that everything went well. Unfortunately when I restarted my computer the screen froze and that was it. I could restart it as many times as I wanted to but the freezeup always happened. All I could do was to restart the computer and hold down the shift key that turned off all extensions and then I totally uninstalled Limewire from my iMac. That was the only way to get my iMac back from the freezeups. The other day I tried again but this time I was successful (I thought I was) to actually get on without the usual freezup and actually download 4 songs. I went over the songs and they sounded great. I planned on downloading another 6 songs the next day and then burn them to CD. Well here we go again, upon starting up my computer the next day; FREEZEUP. As usual, the only way to get my computer back up and running I uninstalled Limewire again. Much to my surprise, when restarting my computer it froze up again even with Limewire gone. After closer inspection of my hard drive I found that the 4 songs were still there. These 4 songs were all that were left of Limewire. I trashed them, restarted my computer and everything was ok. Limewire that "0ne" time worked great but it was the songs I downloaded this time that froze my iMac.

?????????? WHAT'S GOING ON ??????????