View Single Post
Old June 9th, 2009
Valued Member

ukbobboy01 will become famous soon enough
Default AntiVitrus & other protections

Hi Andrew

The first thing I would like to point out is that you should not put your real name in an open world-wide forum simply because they are a lot of creeps and crooks out there. This forum, over the years, has had more than it's share of creepy crawlies.

Secondly, "best available" PC/laptop protection tends to be down to user experience, personal preference and facilities on offer.

That said, I use Norton Internet Security 2009, which consist of AntiVirus and Personal Firewall as it's major components. I also use SpywareBlaster, Spybot and Adaware plus I am toying with the idea of using Prevx again, which I have used in the recent past.

However, you should be aware that no protection, no matter what is advertised or said, can protect you against a targeted attack or using the Internet recklessly, e.g. downloading and running apps from unreliable sources, visiting dodgy or hacked websites, etc.

These warnings are not meant to frighten you off, they're just to let you know about the potential dangers.

Nevertheless, have fun using Limewire.

UK Bob