View Single Post
Old June 16th, 2009
Disciple

fried122 is flying high

[quote=Peerless;344796]sorry d00d, but we mods once tried using crystal balls and found them to be rather unreliable...

The_Point being, its rather hard to give any sort of advice no knowing what you are using for a firewall, now isn't it...

also in your first post you make a reference to the first light....what first light?

most cultures read from left to right, so in my eyes your reference refers to the light that is about hosts connections...as noted, mine always blinks yellow and green but I have no issues...the light on the far right is for network connectivity and mine is always in the green once I get connected to at least one host...

in the setup field of BS there is the field for connections...you will notice there is a field in that menu for defining the port (which has to be the same for both TCP and UDP)....I set mine to 6348...this is the port you would have to enter as information, if needed, into your firewall settings...

again, since you don't bother to give any information about your firewall, we can't give any relevant advice...many firewalls do the setup pretty much automatically..the program tries to access the internet, the firewall catches it and asks what to do (usually a yes or no), you say yes, and viola, it works...[
Peerless, I know what you mean about crystal balls & if mine worked I would not need help.

I am sorry if I am frustrating you but imagine how I feel because I am so clueless.

In my first post I was talking about the 1st light, I do read left to right, but after that when I went back on BS the 4th light was yellow also which is why I made another post asking Lord of the Rings about it.

I would be happy to give you all the info you need to help me but I dont no jack about where to or how to find it.

In the setup field for BS the defining port is now set at 6833, it was at 6348 before but on another site one of the solutions given to me was to change it. A BS instruction page opened & I followed it.

Since I am so in the dark about how to help myself so you can help me maybe you can tell me is there some other site where I can get music. BS was easy for me & as I am sure you picked up on that I need easy.
Thanks for trying anyway.