View Single Post
Old June 18th, 2009
Disciple

fried122 is flying high

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Rings View Post
Try these instructions: Port Forwarding BearShare on the Netopia 2247NWG-VGx

However, before you actually create a port forward rule, you need to set up a Static ip address first: Static ip for Windows XP

For your router, by default the username is admin and the password is 1234

Another password you could try: admin1 or admin
I miswrote in my post it was the Netopia 2247NWG-VGx I tried. This is what happened I tried set up static ip followed all the steps the last thing said if you do not have a dot in obtain an ip address automatically your connection is already set up for static ip. No dot on mine. I then went back to port forwarding put in 6348 for BS incoming port, next said enter static ip address_ I did not make one because I had a dot so I put in my ip address but changed the last portion. The next thing tells me to enter router ip address in a browser I entered the ip address no window opened it just said failed to connect page load error. I used internet explorer & firefox both did not work. So how do I forward a port if I cant get past this point.

When the netopia ddidn't work for me I saw sonicwall on the router list, so I tried sonicwall TZ 170 (Not 190 I know) but when it gets to ip address I get the same thing failed to connect page load error. I cant procede to forward a port does this mean I cant have BS anymore?