View Single Post
Old June 29th, 2009
Gnutella Admirer

dsoslglece is flying high
Default How things are developping now with gnutella?

Hi...
it is about a year now (I was just incited again to come here after receiving a "happy birthday" greeting from the forum... Thanks) that I didn't come on here (sorry guys!), not by lack of interest, but only since now, and for almost 2 years, even if in the past I did use a lot traditional P2P: LimeWire, Azureus and mlDonkey, about equally (and most of time working at the same time), seing the political situation made me become more attentive to how to proceed.

At the moment I'm still experimenting with Freenet, Stealthnet, i2p, Ants, but all of those, even if extremely secure and promising, are still at this time very feable as content.

So, I'm now relaying exclusively on Pando that has about as much content as one was able to find on Gnutella or Donkey-mule, but (since it is end to end crypted) is as protected as could be wished...

I also know that some trials have been made by some of those new netwebs (or vice versa) to include torrents (Azureus, Snark), or gnutella or Donkey (Ants) file-strings to their owns, but not too successfully yet...

I'd like to know (since I really enjoyed the old Gnutella all the times I was using it), if today, some efforts are made to find a really secure client using it... some client that couldn't be traced, nor read for destination and content...

I'm sure the time of the attacks against P2P, is already counted, all the attackers being already half death now, but there will still be some unpleasant years to come till this settles down, and so I'd prefer for those years to be confortable...