View Single Post
Old June 29th, 2009
Gnutella Admirer

dsoslglece is flying high

Hi, Lord of the rings, and thanks for the answer, but well, shareaza... sure, I could use it (even if it is only for windows, I've got an XP Pro installed on my imac) but it isn't an especially secured program is it? not encrypted, and not invisible on its path, every ISP can easily say what you DL and UL, and where it comes from, and any bloomin observer with the adequat program can spot a torrent or package from its content, and find the IP of sender and receiver... I know, Shareaza is a multi Nets client, but so is mlDonkey (that can connect to Gnutella, Gnutella II, torrents, eDonkey-eMule, and few more) but just as mlDonkey, Shareaza is just as unsecure than anything else... or I may be mistaken?

Aren't they some new developments yet for some client with sumore security, on for instance Gnutella ?

(and as for Pando, well it is certainly not the place here to talk about it to much, and sure, it is commercial, but just same as was old eDonkey and also LimeWire, and the thing is that being end to end encrypted, even the server can't uncrypt it, so even if they got an IP, nobody could say what was really DLed... I use it often to send big packets (1GB) to friends, using their mail address)