View Single Post
Old June 30th, 2009
nonbeliever

The Shadow is flying high

The clock reset function bundled with the "The Last Safe Bearshare Beta" has caused the usual and expected problems on 100% of the last 23 computers on which I have attempted to install it.

These attempts have been exclusively for BS users with a minimum of 3 years 24/7 active experience. A few of them definitely predate almost all of you 'bosses', except Peerless.

So, please, no standard-issue replies for the elbow-typists.

The variety of anti-malware & anti/virus applications in use by the test group is grand - No need to name names because it involves every major program available.

? 1----------- Why are so many of you knowingly advising the masses to install a program ('Last Safe BS Beta') that will, in the great majority of cases, cause problems that are insurmountable for the majority of users? (Yes, simply knowing/remembering to go to the 'clock' setting to correct the date and time IS beyond the capacity of many users and makes many programs ((INCLUDING Windows XP)) go very bad indeed.)
The problem, obviously, is the system clock reset------ Testing it on a variety of machines from 6 years to 3 months old (as far as the 'technology' is concerned), 100% of them had very serious problems with numerous installed programs. Not only A/V apps.

? 2----------- What is the actual file type of the BS-Cache file?
It is NOT a standard WinZIP file.

KGB Archiver is NOT a WinZIP file.
What is difficult about supplying a simple and clean WinZIP or WinRAR file?
The offered BS-Cache file format is inexcusable.

I know that BS is 'dead'.

Please spare any platitudes and just give some straight info, OK?

btw, how about a LOT MORE INFO about those groups who are successfully attacking the Gnutella network?

I hope that you will all encourage users to 1st, regardless of what client they are using, do a search for their own name spelled backwards-----------
After a short time they will see the auto-generated responses from criminal intent servers and be able to make a note of the general file sizes------------- files that are very dangerous.

Above is no rant nor flame.
Just hoping for info on how to use BS--------
OR, please, somebody sound the 'official' death-knell of BS.