Thread: Outdated nodes
View Single Post
Old July 2nd, 2009
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

The most recent Phex versions seem to connect to mostly LimeWire (LW) ultrapeers. The previous versions would connect to many other phex & other gnutella clients. I queried why this was happening. The downside of connecting to LW UP's is many will be connected directly with spammers & some UPs themselves are spammers meaning always a chance you are connecting directly to a spammer ultrapeer.

I've used Phex for a few years, found I could find files LW was unable to via finding more non-LW users.

Just opened my Phex, only connected to one other Phex ultrapeer, 4 LW UP's initially. Finding more UP's the longer it's open.

If you have any queries about Phex, feel free to post in the Phex section on these forums. The Phex devs are more than happy to answer directly in most cases.

Also, there's a link somewhere which will take you to the most recent builds of Phex, not the officially released one.

Last edited by Lord of the Rings; July 2nd, 2009 at 07:34 PM.