View Single Post
Old July 15th, 2009
Apprentice

Calabrese is flying high

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Rings View Post
Various things you can do.

Learn to recognise spam: Virus thread: Typical virus spam file sizes - Make a note of them (click on blue link to see)

Use similar techniques to these: How to find music

If all you are getting is spam in your search results, you might even be connected directly to an ultrapeer who is a spammer. To save me retyping the advice, see http://www.gnutellaforums.com/345936-post2.html
I realize this. Thank you, but this has nothing to do with what I am talking about. I have a serious problem with p2p programs refusing to implement a file size filter. I am quite adept at identifying spam. I have not gotten one single virus yet. No matter what, having a massive amount of fake results, which will show up regardless of how good you are at identifying the fake results, still drowns out the legitimate results. They will not show up half of the time period! I have someone in the same house as myself, just upstairs who does not even show up all the time. I have to do much searching to find them. It is not me or my hardware. I know this. My computer is fine and works quite well. It is the spammers taking over bandwidth, period!