View Single Post
Old July 24th, 2009
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

I do recall reading about
Quote:
However, the recent Digital Britain report said disconnection was not the government's "preferred option" given that internet access is now seen to be as critical as traditional utilities such as electricity.
That's what monopolies can afford to do, show their true arrogance in the scenario above mentioned by UK Bob. One problem with ISP's in UK is that they are falling upon monopolies with the larger ones buying up the smaller ISP's but the smaller ones retaining their original isp name.

I'm not sure such would be allowed over here ... since the government also considers internet as an important part of everybody's lives. But then again, our government has not taken such a stance about p2p sharing as the european countries have. And my isp ignores any pressures from the music industry, or so I read ... sorry we don't know you, nor do we do business with you! (gives the special local finger salute) lol