Thread: 0.7 Bug report
View Single Post
Old April 25th, 2002
Phex Developer

GregorK is flying high

Quote:
O.K. here's a few more
The most annoying bug is when a part of a file is assigned to a host, and the connection (push) to that host fails,or the host stays busy, no search for another candidate is done, so even if you have all other parts, the file is useless.
You mean you have one segment left and only one candidate? The search dosn't care how many segments there are left. But it will raise the time between search if you have many candidates available. Maybe the problem is you have more then one candidate but the segment stays assigned to this one busy candidate? Could this be?

Quote:
The interaction with gnucleus 1600 (morpheus) clients is bad ( I have seen this also in the earlier versions) a lot of uploads fail and still they keep on reqesting the same file.
Sometimes downloads are red but keep on reading 0Kbs even after stopping and restarting.
So who is to blame here, morpheus or phex ?
I'm not sure but think Gnucleus/Morpheus has little different multi source downloading behaivor. It is downloading very small pieces and then disconnects, reconnects and downloads the next small piece. Thats my only explenation for this. Phex uses much bigger pieces to download. Well both concepts have there pros and cons.
The 0Kbs files could to be a Phex problem with not recognizing the timeout.

Last edited by GregorK; April 25th, 2002 at 05:51 PM.