Old August 1st, 2009
Novicius

Darke_Gothic_Texan is flying high
Default skins not working Limewire v. 4.18.2.0

Limewire v. 4.18.2.0
System PC
stock firewall programs
DSL connection,
was using AVG as anti virus but it often caused Firefox to bog down and become unresponsive, so I uninstalled AVG for now
over 80gb of hard disk space available

I installed a fresh version of Limewire after buying a new computer. I have vision issues (color vision issues) so I have the system set on High Contrast Black since that is easiest for me to see. Upon start up of Limewire I noticed that I couldn't view the page/window properly because the set color scheme for Limewire was not complimentary to the system preferences, so I tried to change the skin for Limewire. When I tried this I got error messages telling me that the skins could not be found. I then downloaded fresh skins from the Limewire site. I went throught the process of installation just as explained on the skins page, but that is where I ran into a problem. There was no "themes folder" to place the newly downloaded skins into. I created a new folder and named it themes, after which I placed the skins files into the new themes folder, but that didn't correct the problem. I am still unable to access skins and without the ability to change the programs color schemes I am unable to utilize Limewire.

Has anyone encountered this problem before? Any ideas?