View Single Post
Old April 25th, 2002
Unregistered

Exclamation Bring these old features back!

LW 2.3 is a *terrific* upgrade, much more intuitively laid out than its predecesors, but there are now two very important things wrong:

1. Why did you remove the "Total Hosts" count from the main window? As any seasoned LW user knows, the success of a search is directly proportional to the number of hosts you're connected to. It's bad enough that I have to open the Statistics window (and move it out of the way, not to mention that it's so huge now that I also have to shrink it), but LW doesn't remember the opened window states, so I have to do it *every* time I open the application.

2. Unless I'm mistaken, the Repeat Search function has disappeared. Since LW doesn't support copy & paste (at least it doesn't on the Mac), this feature prevented me from having to re-type searches that I needed to run multiple times (which, when searching for obscure files, is often necessary). I don't see the value in removing functionality like this.

The difficulties incurred by these problems almost negate the improvements of this latest release. Let's iron out what we have before trying to tack on what we don't.