View Single Post
Old August 11th, 2009
Riding a Pale Horse and Wielding THE Sword of the Forum

Peerless is a jewel in the rough

well...

there is something I've noticed lately, but honestly haven't taken the time to completely verify it...

and that is this:

BS is apparently being singled out for DDOS attacks by the paid henchmen of the RIAA/MPAA...some pretty severe attacks to the order of 100+ hits per second from a single group, and I've noticed 3 groups that are really hammering away...

I don't use LW anymore, but I tried out Phex a week ago and noticed while I was getting some attacks, they were much lighter...more to the order of a total of 20 hits a second maximum from all attacking parties..\

I detect these attacks just by simply watching PeerGuardian2...(I hope you're using that nice little piece of software...and a firewall...while it might be forgivable to not be aware of PG2, not using a firewall (and I'm not referring to the Windoze firewall as that is worthless) is...well....MORONIC)...

these attacks are completely unwarranted and illegal as simply doing a search for the word vacation results in an assault that is unbelievably intense...I could see if they were actually filtering searches and looking for those that obviously dealt with copywrited materials, but vacation??????..the fact that p2p software is still legal obviously means that somebody with some small amount of intelligence has realized there are legal uses for p2p technology, and sharing/downloading vacation images is certainly legal...

So Long and Thanks for All the Files

Beware of the big 3 insurance companies in Texas! Read your policies carefully (maybe you'll need a lawyer) Allstate, Farmers & State Farm are overextended and their 'coverage' is worthless...a true waste of your money Read This