Thread: giFT
View Single Post
Old August 21st, 2009
Apprentice

pablorosatti is flying high

Quote:
Originally Posted by et voilą View Post
there is good reasons why there is no gift forum: All clients using gift-gnutella plugin are using other networks openft by default and other network plugins depending of the client (ares, opennap etc...). And thus gift clients don't focus on gnutella (multinet p2p is a problem).
I am (and i don't believe i am the unique) using KCEasy (a giFT GUI) and i'm still interested on gnutella, when the RIAA sabotage achieve any P2P network, we can continue downloading via other networks while the network developers find a solution to the re-launch, it can happen to any network (Gnutella/G2/openFT/KAD) . I think this is an advantage for P2P networks with respect to the struggle between P2P and RIAA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by et voilą View Post
But the major problem is that gift-gnutella is way way way outdated and is very poor, slowing the gnutella network. Don't use it at all has been my recomendation for years.
Ciao
Are you sure that the problem of giFT-Gnutella plugin is that is outdated? It could be by faults in the configuration, however if the problem is that the plugin is outdated, updating it would solve the problem.