View Single Post
Old May 25th, 2001
Unregistered

Default Re: 2 Questions : Speed and which is best

Quote:
Originally posted by HoneyCoatedBrain
[BWill keeping up more connections lead to faster download speed and to more replies to my search?

I heard that Gnucleus is good, and i was going to get that, but then i saw that limewire was good. So i dont know which one to get now. Which is NUMERO 1?
[/B]
Hallo:

First, the more connections you have, the slower will your downloads be. This is because messages are routed through each of your connections consuming, say, 0,5KB/sec each. So all depends on your internet connection, for modem users I would recommend 3 connections. I use DSL and I am having 6 connections, this is enough, I think. More replies? Only slightly, if at all, I guess, but who knows.....

Second, I would strongly recommend Gnucleus. It is small and stable, though under development. I believe it to be the fasttest client also. In my experience Limewire is big, slow due to Java, and I dislike it's appearance. This is very subjective, though.
Bearshare is also a good and fast and stable client, but due to some issues (read this and other fora) I can not recommend it any longer.

Greetings.....