View Single Post
Old August 28th, 2009
Airhead

birdy has a distinguished reputationbirdy has a distinguished reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treelady View Post
Then you wanted me to pay yet AGAIN for yet another update, which I refused to do.
We don't want you to pay for anything. The volunteer helpers on this forum don't work for LW, or any other Gnutella client

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treelady View Post
Lately, every time I try to dl a song, it either has a virus, spam, connection is invalid or corrupt. I gave up. One song messed up my computer so badly,my daughter had to fix it. Something needs to be done about whoever is dl these crappy songs on here. I'm actually afraid to use Limewire and have stopped, as much as I love it and miss it. It needs help,bigtime.
Because LW can't control what's shared on the network (since users are free to share whatever they like - good or bad), it's kind of up to the user to be careful with what they download.
There are organisations that would love to see the end of p2p & would sabotage the network. Click on this link for more info: Fake files showing up in search results

Make sure that you check files with Bitzi before download: How to use Bitzi

And some tips here (also tips for avoiding spam): How to find music

In the end, it's up to the user to keep themselves safe Make sure that you're using a good AV program. Keep it updated & use it to scan any file that you download - before you open the file.