View Single Post
Old September 8th, 2009
Novicius

gtalbot is flying high
Default LimeWire Pro 4 Will No Longer Connect

At home I’m using Pro version 4.12.3, on XP ( 1 Gig RAM) with an ADSL service. I have 211 Gig free on my C Drive and 6 Gig free on my E drive which is the drive where I save my downloaded files. The problem is that all of a sudden I can’t get connected to Limewire. It always says “Starting Connection” but it never gets beyond this point. When I try to do a search it says “Limewire is currently connecting to the network”. The problem however is that it never does connect! When I click on the Connections tab, there are none there.

When I click on the “Direct Connect” tab it says “Your computer is behind a firewall or router and cannot receive direct connections”. Is this the problem and how do I fix it? I also have a laptop connected to my wireless router and that can connect fully to LimeWire without any problem.

Apparently I do have a firewall - but what program or file this might be I have no idea. In Limewire there is a picture of a globe icon with a brick wall in front of it. If this is the problem what do I do now to fix things up? In C:\Program Files\LimeWire there is a file called “WindowsFirewall.dll”. Is this relevant and should I delete it?

I have reloaded Java software. This made no difference whatsoever.

How do I know if a spyware removal program has miscategorized LimeWire as spyware and that this is what is causing the problem? I am using avast! Virus protection with normal sensitivity, however I can’t find anything to indicate that avast is blocking Limewire.

I also have AVG Anti Virus Free Version 8.5 which I have tried to remove in case it was the problem - however without success so far. I’m also running Spybot.

Any ideas that might work? Thanks.