View Single Post
Old September 24th, 2009
Novicius

jaystar40 is flying high
Default can't connect to limewire even after trying all your hints!!! Using Snow Leopard, USB & wireless Vodophone connection

hey guys,

im sure you've heard this a 1000 times before, but im stuck and not 100% up with all the things my mac can do and dont really understand all the tech jargon i've read so far on how to fix things! I just want to get some tunes - thats all! :-(
ive just done about 4 things you've listed on the help topics with the firewall (sorry dont know what i have but i followed the instructions for turning it on if you are TRYING to run LW 4.18) but didnt work, then i disabled all the things in preferences speed and performance menu. before doing all this i deleted the old version i had of LW and have just downloaded 4 more versions as i think i SHOULD be able to get the newest version 5.2.13 - because of my OS system but when i look at the 'about LW' it still only says 4.18 and looks the same as the old one I had before - argh!!!!

im running osx 10.6 leopard? on wireless broadband with vodafone trying to connect from home in a city so should be a good connection(?), 1 GB ram, LW 4.18.8 - java 1.6.0, i've just clicked on the link to show what version im using and it comes up saying 'your test worked!' so dont know whether i have LW 4 or 5 - as im pretty sure i've downloaded both now, and installed them but i ahve all these icons and nothing works still - confusing!

the problem i keep getting is this' limewire is currently connecting to the network. your search may not return many results until you are fully connected to the network' i've clicked connect and it still says this even though im on the internet. there is a brick wall in front of the blue world icon but when i go into tools the only option is greyed out i cant click it? im in australia and pretty new to this lingo as you can tell but i hope that is enough info (and right!) that someone out there can help me with this

thanks all and hope someone can help the newbie out!