View Single Post
Old September 24th, 2009
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

Which is installed at moment, LW 5 or 4?

If LW 5 Will Not Connect (click on link). It's my guess a problem with your gnutella.net file however might have something to do with your connection equipment which you didn't specify.

To install LW 4 you will most likely need to remove the LW 5 install package from Receipts folder; Receipts folder sample image. LW 5 should connect more easily than LW 4 however.

Whilst Little Snitch can be very useful, it can also be a total PITA. I ended up getting rid of it. With PeerGuardian, you need to be careful which lists you use. Some are not updated properly; ie: they keep adding new ones to the list but do not remove redundant ip addresses which are no longer a problem. Example: one of the members on this forum found their ip address on one of the lists.

Strict setting for OSX firewall is fine as long as LW is on safe list. I got rid of Little Snitch, but put certain apps on the Disallow incoming connection option such as all M$ products & most Adobe products which ring home all the time. (Makes no difference to updates.)

Last edited by Lord of the Rings; September 25th, 2009 at 12:11 AM.