View Single Post
Old October 9th, 2009
Novicius

abohellis is flying high
Default Newbie not able to connect...

I am new to the forum. abohellis is my name. I just downloaded limewire 5.3.6, my operating system is Windows XP, I am only aware of the windows firewall that came with my system, I have set an exemption for limewire, in some cases I have turned the firewall off entirely, yet limewire cannot connect to its remote server. I have 2GIG of ram and enough hard disk space. I am running on broadband internet connection. I am connecting from a student accomodation. I dont know what ISP, but I live in Derby UK at the mo. http://www3.limewire.com:6346/.... I could not connect to remote server after running this link, "error could not connect to remote server". This is my first try of limewire on this computer system. I am behind a firewall, when i check LW>TOOLS>ADVANCE. But it is still same if i turn off the firewall. I have AVG antivirus. I have noticed that MP3 ROCKET does not work likewise. I just updated my java while completing this thread. It changes nothing still. Kindly help urgently, I will be glad for your advise.