View Single Post
Old October 14th, 2009
slowhand4955

slowhand4955 is flying high

That's great! Glad to hear it! I've used Limewire then switched to Frostwire because I updated to WinXP Pro SP3.I tried Vista and experienced too many CRASHES, so I returned to XP. Now with the Frostwire, I have found it to contain way too many viruses and SPAMware. When I try to download a song I am looking for, I get a file labeled as such but when I open it after the download is complete, it is SPAMware redirecting my browser to another download site or it's advertisement for another file sharing program and or the worst, a virus! I have stopped using Frostwire even though I have a paid subscription with Turbo boost just for the reasons listed above. I just hate it when other users find ways to Spam every decent program out there and why is it allowed to happen? Because it is user based and the file sharing comes from people like you and me. The file sharing is not monitored nor do the files you are downloading such as music come from a large database just sitting there waiting on someone to download the files. If that were true, the files would be free of viruses and SPAMware.
When I do use Frostwire, I set my AVG Free to scan the file before downloading. This of course defeats the whole purpose of the Turbo Boost and ends up taking way too much time. So as an end result, I just go to WalMart like everybody else and buy the music I am looking for. Be very carefull using the Limewire or Frostwire programs.