View Single Post
Old October 15th, 2009
Novicius

mikebird is flying high

THIS IS THE ENTIRE REASON WHY I JOINED THIS FORUM JUST NOW

Glad you posted this.

Things were just fine for years & years using a PowerPC G4. Now I bought an Intel Macbook it was doing this. Acquisition runs when you start it and then find extra items, then gives up minutes later. Quit and restart the app, and it works for a little while, then gives up again very soon. As well as losing all connections, I've noticed just as much, all the speeds, which usually all change a bit all the time freeze up and I don't notice it at all, but once I see it, it's obvious it's going nowhere and you might as well quit and try again... I reckon the actual broadband ISP has maybe notched onto it rather than sending the red letters, it's found a way to stop P2P?

I sold my MacBook cos I didn't need it. Now I have a Mac Pro. Same problem. Same router - not Netgear, but works fine. Wi-fi for MacBook. All ethernet for Mac Pro and G4. G4 is fine for Acquisition. Haven't watched a movie for a bit now with problems getting them these days.

Intel Macs do achieve 1.0Mbit/sec and more. The G4 was a lot slower but never did the annoying packing up trick. Always reliable. Don't we just need a new version of Acquisition newer that 2.1 ? To fix this, or is it the ISP getting smart?