View Single Post
Old November 1st, 2009
Novicius

namron is flying high
Default Remove string in Filename Editor

Since I'm not sure what the problem is, I'm not sure if this the proper forum for posting. My apologies if it's not. I haven't found any info in any forum searches on this topic. When I attempt to play some songs from either Library or Public Shared using the LW internal player, the Filename Editor pops up telling me to "Remove string(Full)". I'm embarrassed to admit that I don't know what a 'string' is. Other songs play perfectly well and some songs within an album will play, while others within the same album will not and bring up the Filename Editor. Is this a problem with the way the original file info is written? What exactly is a 'string' and how do I 'remove' or correct it so as to allow the file to open in the internal player? I'm using LW 5.2.13 and Windows XP. Thanks.

Oops! Just realized that Filename Editor was a separate program someone else installed on my computer. I deleted it thinking it was somehow interfering with LW's player. That whole 'Remove string" pop-up has stopped, but now the songs that would have caused it to pop-up are opening in Winamp. I have noticed, though, that LW's player is only playing mp3's and all songs opening in Winamp are m4a's. I added m4a to the extensions manager that LW's player should play, but they still open in Winamp. Are there certain extensions that LW's player won't play?

Last edited by namron; November 1st, 2009 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Additional information