View Single Post
Old April 29th, 2002
Enthusiast

xolox_girl is flying high

Quote:
Does Xolox eat bandwidth to the extent that no other user on a shared DSL line can gain outside access?
xolox is known to be a big users of resources - it is designed to use much of the bandwidth it can find to download and upload files. it will certainly slow down other internet applications although to what extent depends on your connection. i know that on my computer things get slower and slower the longer xolox is on. i use cable and a non-shared line so i'm not sure about a shared DSL line.

All p2p programmes will use up bandwidth to download - you wouldn't be able to download if they didn't. I don't know how bearshare compares with xolox but xolox is deffinately faster and it has many benefits compared to bearshare. one being that xolox will not spy on you and does not come with programmes that you do not even know about (unless u read the vvvv small print in bearshare's user agreement - aparently)

you can get a copy of xolox version 1.12 at my site and the new redeveloped version 1.18 should be on public release very soon. i've already got a copy for beta testing and i can assure you that it is woth the wait.

xg