View Single Post
Old December 12th, 2009
Valued Member

ukbobboy01 will become famous soon enough
Default Router Logs

BOF

I presume you are the "Administrator" for your router, if that is true then all you have to do is access your equipment's admin functions, as usual, find the log page and within that find the "Security" log page.

Now, I've just basically described generically, rather specifically, where your security log should be, i.e. that's how I found my modem-router's security log page.

You know, I am inclined to agree with OldDeath's assessment of your problem, there is something switching off UPnP in your router and that is likely to be a security event. Now, assuming that your router is still working properly, the only application that can interact with it is it's own "control software".

Another thing, if your router connection is under attack, or believe it is, then your NAT firewall should have kicked in and blocked the attack, UPnP should not have auto-switched off (my modem-router's firewall activated when my connection came under a SYN attack).

Therefore, I would suggest that you contact the manufacturer's help desk to see if they can explain what event could possibly cause this "UPnP auto-switch off" problem.

Good Luck

UK Bob