View Single Post
Old December 20th, 2009
Airhead

birdy has a distinguished reputationbirdy has a distinguished reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by yewtubepl0x View Post
I would also like to mention that i have been having some problems with my router for the past while. (wireless not working properly, settings not being changed or saved) and limewire works on my other computer but not the one im on. i have solved this problem before by doing system restore which i do not want to do all over again. after the restore about 1 month later (now) the problem came back.
Has this just started since you updated to 5.4.6? You said that it happened once before & you were able to fix things by doing a system restore... last time it happened, was that also after updating to a new version of LW?

First thing I'd try is deleting LW's preferences folder. That's often a fix for connection problems after updating Just remember that LW must be completely closed before deleting the prefs folder. And see the help thread below for how to find out whether you've deleted that folder properly!
Check out this thread for info about deleting the prefs folder (there's a link specific to Vista): If LW 5 Will Not Connect

Otherwise you can try the other fixes in that thread.

Have you tried connecting to your router via ethernet cable (wired) rather than wirelessly?

I'm not even sure that your router supports UPnP... can't find any info. You may need to check the User Guide that came with the router.