View Single Post
Old January 5th, 2010
Apprentice

phillyidol is flying high
Confused Shareaza is now IE's default downloader????

Hey there,

I've run through the forums for a while now, and haven't found any answer to this (although I'll be the first to admit I may not have asked the right search question ).

Basically, I've just had to re-build my computer yesterday, so I just re-installed Shareaza, and now whenever I go to download an .exe file via IE (i.e. this morning I was downloading an .exe driver file from the manufacturer site for my new keyboard, and one for my new printer), Shareaza opened up as the default download program .

I've hunted through the settings in Shareaza to find a way to dis-associate it from being the default down-loader for .exe's, but so far have been out of luck (I've looked through IE's settings as well).

I'll keep searching, but if anyone knows where this setting is (in Shareaza or IE), I'd really appreciate a heads up.

Thanks

P.S. I realize some answers could be, "un-install Shareaza", or "if it works, just use it as the default program", but we've tried other programs and found Shareaza to be the best for us, and I'm not the only one using this system, so we need to sort this out.