View Single Post
Old January 11th, 2010
Novicius

Mac User is flying high
Default Loading Programs for Mac

INTRODUCTION (I have used LW on several occasions downloading audio, but this is my first attempt at downloading a program, I use a Mac B/W PPC with OS X 10.4.11 and am using LW 4.12. I am looking forward to using this forum as a tool to better understand ins and outs of Limewire)

MY PROBLEM : I have downloaded several programs through Limewire. Upon completion of the download, Limewire places a file folder folder on my desktop with the name of the program I downloaded. Double clicking on this folder roduces aother folder which when double clicked produces three files in the folder, whichare labeled as id.diz, patch.exe and img.nfo, which I assume is the installer program and any other pertinent info When googling these extensions, I find that these are normally PC extensions and Mac cannot interpret them without a conversion program. Is this common? I do not have a PC convrter on my Mac, so I can run PC programs on my Mac and donot plan on getting one until I purchase a new computer. Am I missing something and I hope I am addressing the correct forum group