View Single Post
Old January 12th, 2010
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

I agree totally with Peerless, gnutella network is not best place to obtain programs. Mac programs will either have .dmg or .zip extension & usually the file name will say for OSX or Mac. So if you search, put either or both OSX & Mac in the search title. Searching .dmg can often bring about some good results. But still, most likely there will be spam mixed in.

Whilst LW 4.12 was a good version, it will not be able to download from other LW users with versions from 4.17 to version 5. Thus you would lose out on a portion of the available network. LW 4.16 however would be fine to use to access the later users at this point.

For seeking programs, I imagine torrents are probably the better source.

BTW to run windows on mac, I'd recommend Parallels, a program that can run Windows operating system on it. I have it set up with two Windows XP's & one Windows 2000 (though it does not officially support Win 2k). Parallels is faster than the other virtual windows. This also saves you rebooting to boot up into windows. Files are draggable between Parallels' window & Mac. I tried Mac's BootCamp but the windows installation kept corrupting & I gave up. Parallels is far more convenient in any case.