Thread: zapshares
View Single Post
Old January 12th, 2010
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

ZapShares is a Canadian company. Oh what a coincidence avatar999 lol
Quote:
... It should also be noted that these two scam website “companies” also have no privacy policy, yet they’re registered by a Canadian.
Quote:
“It keeps its promise to advertisers by persuading reality challenged users allow it to plant a spyware application on their computers for `monitoring` purposes,” we said, going on:

“It goes without saying that anyone who allows any commercial company in any way attached to the advertising community to embed software in their computer needs serious professional help. ..."
Have you ever sought such assistance in that area yet?

Quote:
p2pnet.net/story/27598 “The ZapShares software scans and monitors a P2P user’s computer, ...
Example, the loss of shared files by painter345 !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil's Advocate
“ZapShares solves this problem by creating a Secure Vault, which stops files a user downloads using their favorite P2P file sharing software from automatically being shared with other P2P users.”

The idea of P2P software is sharing.
Many P2P communities rate your sharing ratios, giving connective priority to those who DO share.
(Taking without sharing is typically viewed as “leaching”.)

A P2P user ALREADY HAS CONTROL of what is shared, without the advertising-subsidized, malware-assisted add-on service.
I haven’t seen too many P2P softwares that don’t offer this control. ...
Leech software. Interesting. Not to mention the lack of copyright file sharing of course. Reminds me a lot of The Story: Shareaza, iMesh, RIAA, and Recent Events.

“ZapShares, PeerMatrix, PeerSentry, anyone?”:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZapShares
We offer three DISTINCT P2P solutions, at you noted in this article. PeerSentry is an anti-piracy solution. PeerMatirx is a P2P advertising solution, and ZapShares is our solution to protect P2P users ...
Comment responses to article:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reader's Write
September 2nd, 2009 at 3:42 pm
I am ashamed that a Canadian is pulling this scam. Even going to US congress with the fabricated crap and scare tactic.

The American users have every right to be Canada bashing now.

/me hangs head in shame. ...
No Trest. The FACT is that you are selling off people. Selling off these fake security apps to put your real focus, peersentry crap, onto people and f'**ing their communications.

With what we see in that patent filing, you are the same as an ID fraudster.

Ultimate parasite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil's Advocate
You know, Trest, you remind of a weapons dealer – selling your “solutions” to each element of the war, hoping to collect from all.

What makes you think the file sharers in question – those concerned with getting “inadvertently” (as you say) nailed downloading the wrong file – would trust connecting to your networks, knowing you propose not only enabling the advertisers, but possibly serving up the users to groups like the RIAA.

You’re obviously a parasite.
Dare I say more. I think this about finishes this topic.

Last edited by Lord of the Rings; January 12th, 2010 at 07:40 PM.