View Single Post
Old September 7th, 2006
Novicius

hotsexyguy6969 is flying high
Default ******* Dutch country & western songs request post

1. Starting point is to install Parallels.

I cannot remember if before or after you install a Windows OS you will need to install Parallels tools. This may apply to specific Windows OS installations. I guess this is similar to Bootcamp's utilities within windows.

(2.a) (List view: icon in Applications folder) (click to see larger view, click second time to view in own window)
******* Dutch country & western songs request post-parallels-desktop.gif
2. (a) Then go to the Applications folder, find the Parallels Desktop program (image #1 above) & open. This is where you can install other OS's such as Windows. (b) Select Run Windows on your Mac from the first window that appears (see attachment image below.)

******* Dutch country & western songs request post-parallels-1.gif (b) Parallels Desktop intro window (click to see larger view, click second time to view in own window)

3. Choose the Disk Drive or image file to install the Windows OS from. (image #2, below)
******* Dutch country & western songs request post-parallels-2-3.gif (click to see larger view, click second time to view in own window)

4. Choose the operating system to install. Example in image is Windows XP. (image #3 in attachment above)

5. The installing of a Windows OS has a few options. (image #4 below) {a) Express Install means you can add the Windows serial first even before you begin the Windows installation. (b) Typical, is same as if you were installing on a PC, adding the Windows serial at that time. (c) Custom, is where you wish to customise settings, I think I used this to install Windows 2000 which is not officially supported but a few tricks managed to get it running (but without the Kapersky Security suite). For my Windows XP I think I either used Typical or Custom installations.
******* Dutch country & western songs request post-parallels-4.gif

6. Image #5 below shows the Express installation option for adding product serial before installation.
(a) Select the name of the OS you wish it to be called. (image #6).
(b) Insert the Windows installation disk, click Start button (image #7)
******* Dutch country & western songs request post-parallels-5-7.gif

Parallels Settings:

******* Dutch country & western songs request post-parallels-menu-bar.gif

___ (these are personal settings based on my particular machine & my use of Parallels to use Windows mostly only for testing. I sometimes have more than one windows open at a time so I reduce the capabilities of each. Also, with a 30" screen I prefer to set Windows into a size-able window rather than take up the entire screen so I can keep both OSX & Windows visible at same time. I am 'always' running multiple apps at one time. For people with smaller screens, you will probably prefer to use Full Screen mode and applying more resources to your Windows so it operates at similar speed as if it were installed separately. Configure & Preferences are where you can set computer resources great or small toward your Windows installation.)

Most settings are included in Configure option from Virtual Machine menu on tool bar aimed at a particular Windows installation, & Parallels Preferences has the same plus. ie: intended as overall preferences.
7. First two shown here are Startup & Shutdown and Optimization settings
******* Dutch country & western songs request post-parallels-startup-shutdn.gif

Last edited by Lord of the Rings; February 8th, 2010 at 07:57 PM.