View Single Post
Old February 11th, 2010
Novicius

fryguy88 is flying high
Default Limewire / iTunes question (I searched before posting)

So... my wife has been the one playing around with iTunes and LW for the past 3 years. I just got a new phone (HTC Eris ) and would like to put some music on it. I noticed that the size of the dedicated music folder on our PC (WinXP) is 16.5GB . When I opened it and searched through ALL the music I noticed that my wife had made an itunes (7.25 GB) folder as well as a Limewire (8.25 GB) folder. Here are my questions:

1. Is it really necessary to have a dedicated music folder for both itunes and limewire if I only use LW for my music downloads?

2. Do I have to keep a separate Limewire downloads folder in order for iTunes to recognize the original music file OR can I just have my LW downloads transfer directly into my iTunes library upon completion of download?

My computer is running really slow and Im pretty sure 16 GB of music isn't helping much. If anyone has a simple solution for transfering all my music to one area for all programs (Limewire and iTunes mainly) to use I would appreciate it. Thanks for the help.