View Single Post
Old February 13th, 2010
College Student

bci is flying high

Agreed. It would be nice to have someone run for office that only worked on things that were really important. Someone that was really for the people, and not just a big talker. I had the hardest time deciding on who to vote for the last election. Most of my friends (like most college students in the US) voted for Obama. Even though he was the obvious better out of the two(Palin being anywhere near the white house is a nightmare even in thought, ecspecially with McCain looking like he could kick-the-bucket at any time) I ended up not even voting. I guess I have a hard time trusting anyone for their word, ecspecially someone who seems to be a big talker (It's been a year now, and I still havent seen any substantial movements done on his part yet).

And as for that "Senator wants to monitor p2p for illegal files" act, anyone that would honestly think some 60 year old came up with this idea all by himself, to really monitor p2p for CP(of course the RIAA had nothing to do with this) is blinded. Why would they need a billion dollars to monitor Gnutella? All you need is p2p software to connect to the network, do a search, and whoever is sharing those illicit files can be caught. But of course, this "Operation Fairplay" software can do "way" more than that, and they obviously need this billion to "train officers to use this special software". Ha.

Yep, the RIAA and MPAA have absolutely nothing to do with this....wow.