View Single Post
Old February 25th, 2010
Gnutella Admirer

PickaxeFairy is flying high

Exactly! And when I brought this up and told him the speed is just as sluggish when I'm working off-line.... get this - he then went on and decided to blame dust, saying that all my problems are likely to be a result of clogged up vent holes....
What he didn't realise.... and I do have to chuckle at this point.... is that a couple of weeks earlier, due to another *much less significant* tech call-out issue, the side of the pc had been removed and all air-holes, plus the fan, had been thoroughly cleaned....
Well he could hardly blame a colleague, let's face it - perish the thought - and that's when he said that I must have done something to compromise the workings of my pc....

Not that he was squirming at this point or anything.

I'm sitting there thinking, is this guy for real??
My reply - "Erm - so how could that be the cause then?"

Surprise surprise, he went a bit quiet.
The guy had an answer for everything, I swear - though none of it relevant and none of it bearing any relation to the actual problem....
He obviously thought, being a mere female, that I would think he knew what he was talking about, being a tech guy an' all.... but when I challenged everything he said with realistic, common sense replies and he finally got the gist that actually, I wasn't stupid.... he kinda then just bumbled about and found himself without a leg to stand on....

I don't think I was one of his favourite customers.

Of course - I'm not complaining.... but the only reason I managed to get myself a brand new CD/DVD drive and hard drive is 'cos the so called 'expert' met his match and basically, couldn't actually give me any definitive reason as to why I'm having the problems I am....

At the end of the day, I just don't trust or believe *and probably never will* anything these guys say....

From my own personal experiences, they don't seem to actually be that interested in helping people; more along the lines of "let's feed people a load of crap and get out of there as quickly as possible. We're still getting paid after all....".

Thanks Bob

Last edited by PickaxeFairy; February 25th, 2010 at 09:54 AM.