View Single Post
Old February 27th, 2010
Gnutella Admirer

PickaxeFairy is flying high

In relation to my pc, Bob - I'm in danger of throwing the damn thing out the window any time soon!!

The guy's coming in a couple of weeks to do the install and everything, so of course atm everything's still as it was....

Today though - and I'm sorry to digress.... didn't wanna start a new thread - something's going on that I just can't work out and it's seriously driving me up the wall!

As I've always done, when I've downloaded a file from Limewire, I convert the bitrate if I need/want to, then shove it in my Shared folder....
For some reason though today - and I have absolutely no idea where the fault lies - when I put the files into my Shared folder, the bitrates are never what I've converted them to....
Had 30 or so files to add, converted them all to what I want, but when I put them in Limewire, not one of them has the bitrate that the file is....
So for example, if I've converted a 192 to a 128, when it 'arrives' in my Limewire Shared folder, it's showing either the original bitrate or one that's completely different!
I've even tried converting them again two or three times - but to no avail. I feel really frustrated with this!!

If anyone can shed any light on this, I'd be most grateful....
I've never had this problem all the years I've been converting files (I use Switch Free Version btw)