View Single Post
Old March 13th, 2010
Johnzon

johnzon is flying high
Exclamation

LW user 5 years or so system 15 plus years from the days of the 386, I have purged the LW from the system prior to each install attempt well over 6 times so far. Just getting LW installed was a challenge. I had to be on the ready to click and add my key code in a split second or the screen I delayed on just would lock up. Finally got it installed (I purged all the prior attempts to install before trying a fresh install again) I clear the LW file from here (C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\LimeWire) at each attempt. I used reg cleaners prior to each attempt to install. I have now have LW 5.5.6.0 installed, I loaded a LW from this past summer I still had a copy of and then put LW 5.5.6.0 over top of that and it installed. Now I have this new problem at load it locks up with in a few seconds and you have to close out with Task Manager. when I loaded LW an earlier version that earlier version worked fine worked fine. I kept getting the popup to upgrade so I did the other day. Through out all this I even got a balloon telling me my version of VISTA is not genuine and I had to go through the process for re-entering the product key. I have no real big issues with other non Microsoft software just this LW PRO. I even paid for it. Have thought of going out to grab a copy of Windows 7 to try for a fix but I just bought and Loaded Vista a year ago. Really driving me crackers on this issue went through the FAQ's on LW site but nothing lead me to a fix.